HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of System Administration in Charleston, South Carolina
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, student loan repayment, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement program.
JOB TITLE: Manager - System Administration
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Manager of System Administration provides technical and managerial leadership in the design, planning, operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting of server administration. This position ensures continuity and alignment of the division’s server administration direction and plans with HCA’s corporate IT&S strategies, division IT&S strategic plans, and facility needs, and participates in architecting the division’s server infrastructure and in the development of guidelines, procedures, and standards.
The Manager of System Administration requires subject matter knowledge across server-based technologies, services, and components. This position must stay abreast of latest technology developments to ensure service levels proactively meet or exceed corporate and division requirements and service level agreements with key stakeholders and vendors.
SUPERVISOR – Director of Technical Services
SUPERVISES – System Administrator, Technical Analyst
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities, design, planning, dayto-day operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting.
• Meets with corporate, division, and facility-level leadership teams, as needed, to align strategy, services, and coordinate any required implementation activities.
• Trains, supervises, manages, and develops staff.
• Responsible for personnel management, conducts performance reviews, competency development, and coaches staff.
• Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, IT&S leaders, and vendors.
• Participates in resource planning and allocates resources to meet goals of the functional area, IT&S goals and business priorities.
• Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of work.
• Ensures all systems adhere to established HCA policies, procedures, and standards.
• Establishes and manages internal service level agreements and ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met.
• Assists the director in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates for division and/or facilities.
• Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
• Interfaces with outside organizations and special interest groups.
• Implements, monitors, and supports servers and storage environments for all centralized division equipment.
• Provides operational applications support.
• Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of software/hardware problems (infrastructure, desktop, storage environments, etc.).
• Supports the ongoing maintenance of servers and storage devices by ensuring (1) up-to-date software releases,
(2) maintenance of back-ups, (3) maintenance of DR plan and testing.
• Maintains and supports division and facility level desktop server and storage environments.
• Provides 24x7 on-call support in troubleshooting, coordinating, escalating to ensure the recovery of failed components or equipment.
• Develops and maintains procedures for equipment installation and configuration support.
• Provides innovative ideas and approaches that improve availability of HCA systems.
• Coordinates the sharing of best practice models, and policies & procedures related to server administration.
• Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
• Works closely with RDC staff to support division systems or equipment physically located at the RDC.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors of IT&S products, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants.
• Participates in the development of corporate and division-level standards, policies, and procedures; ensures support of standards, policies, and procedures at the division level.
• Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement. • Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Requires a strong knowledge of supported server, applications, network, security systems, virus protection, and hardware configuration.
• Strength in statistical or analytical tools for systems monitoring.
• Knowledge of technology, networks, and data architecture.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively identify needs, manage resources, and multi-task.
• Require advanced reasoning, math, and language skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated customer orientation. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Advanced reasoning, math, and language competencies.
• Continuing education in area of specialization; appropriate certifications based on area of specialization.
• 5-7 years of experience in area of specialization, with at least 3 years experience as a systems or network administrator in an IT environment.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies
• The ability to manage and oversee large projects based on project management experience and competencies
• Experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
• Demonstrated strength in team leadership and direct supervision
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Demonstrated experience creating and leading communications with direct reports, senior leaders, business partners, vendors to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and service excellence
• Ability to work in stressful situations
• Competency in basic PC use and required tools
• Advanced training and/or MS certifications are a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues’ unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager of System Administration
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-IT%26S – South Atlantic Division
Requisition ID: 26685-16260