UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Project Manager in Charleston, South Carolina
Tracking Code NIWCA-20-1306-W
Job Code 20-1306
Posting Title Project Manager
Post Date 9/25/2020
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel Up to 25%
Description PROJECT MANAGER (NIWCA-20-1306-W):
Bowhead seeks a Project Manager on a new proposal effort for Network Services Operations and Engineering Support for the NIWC Atlantic to help oversee architectural, software development, network engineering, systems engineering, systems administration, operational, information assurance, and programmatic support to Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Service Centers, NIWC Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) networks, Department of Navy (DoN) Component Enterprise Data Center CEDC engineering and transition, and DoN Development, Security, and Operations (DEVSECOPS) application pipeline efforts.
Primary Location will be Charleston, SC, however requirements to lead team members in all of the following locations exist:
• NIWC Atlantic (Norfolk, VA)
• NIWC Atlantic (New Orleans, LA)
• NIWC Atlantic (Portsmouth, VA)
• NIWC Atlantic (Washington, DC)
• NIWC Atlantic (Patuxent River, MD)
Essential functions will include:
• Developing, implementing, and applying management controls to ensure task and deliverables comply with customer requirements.
• Validating technical and financial reports, analyze metrics, identify areas for improvement, and develop corrective action solutions that meet operational goals.
• Must be able to accommodate fluctuating workload requirements by efficiently managing resources to ensure successful execution within budget and schedule.
• Conducting program meetings, reviews, and coordinate briefings with customers and senior management.
• Participate in strategic planning, including facilitating meetings and creating plan materials.
• Will lead business development processes such as identification, qualification, capture, and proposal activities, including defining win strategies, identifying competitive discriminators, technical proposal writing, and basis of estimate activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
Requirements • Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business and eight (8) years of professional related experience managing TECHNICAL government programs which are of relatively high risk and complexity. This includes Technology Assessments, Systems Design, Systems Analysis, Programmatic Support, Acquisition Planning, and Budget Planning.
• Two (2) years as manager of DoD Communications systems. Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures. Specific experience with: Working Capital Fund Organizations and Funding Requirements
• Four (4) years’ experience supervising project personnel and/or team, scheduling work, writing proposals and/or preparing bids, and experience ordering and/or transporting equipment and materials.
• MS Project experience preferred
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)