Lumen Director Financial Assurance Project Management - Remote in Columbia, South Carolina
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Program Director role in Financial Intelligence & Operations is responsible for facilitating complex program execution by coordinating cross-functional work stream activity across multiple organizations including Finance, IT, Product Management, Operations and Engineering.
The successful candidate will be able to work with cross-functional team members to design and implement the FIO strategic roadmap. This candidate will identify tasks, build and manage program plans, identify, assign and commit functional resources to meet commitments, develop risk and communication plans, and coordinate with external vendors and organizations as required. This role will work with external groups, divisional and regional representatives, system technical personnel and the other leaders in Lumen team to coordinate the scheduling of deployments and subsequent updates as required by the program they are assigned to. Close coordination with the appropriate project and operational leads will be required to ensure alignment between the technical, product and field teams on schedule commitments.
This position requires a strong program management background and ideal candidates will be experienced with agile development and deployment. A proven track record in delivery execution under aggressive schedule demands and competing priorities is a must as are strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills. Product management, telecom industry and business analytics experience are a plus.
The Main Responsibilities
• Function as the FIO Lead for the assigned programs to include full lifecycle management from development and QA to facilitation of pilots and deployment planning.
• Provide leadership to other resources as assigned and support all existing communication forums as needed as well as proactively suggest & implement new forums as appropriate.
• Provide program management leadership and expertise. Serve as the source of truth on Margin Management commitments and ensure all parties are on the same page regarding objectives and definition of success.
• Manage the program and team through the deliverables associated with the program by establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to plans and schedules by holding leads accountable as appropriate.
• Identify project risks and mitigation plans as appropriate and drive mitigation solutions to completion.
• Communicate with stakeholders including development teams, operations, product and Sr. Leadership as required.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Minimum of 8 years of program management experience, including people management and leading cross-functional organizations in a complex, technical environment
• 10+ years of related industry experience
• Understanding of and experience with the full product development lifecycle, including functional and technical specifications as appropriate, implementation, QA processes, deployment and maintenance.
• Experience with risk modeling and organizational effectiveness activities
• Experience with release management in an Agile environment.
• Strong technical program management experience with a focus on Agile development methodology a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent meeting facilitation, planning and management skills required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
• Proven track record of collaboration with other leaders in the business
• Excellent MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
• Proficiency in programming languages such as C# and Python a plus
• Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics toolkits a strong plus (I.e., MSFT SSIS, Power BI, Informatica)
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 243620
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.