Salesforce.com, Inc Enterprise Architect - Financial Services in Columbia, South Carolina
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What if you were empowered to solve the most complex business problems that Fortune 500 companies face today? What if you could work for a company that believes that top line growth is as important as giving back to the community? What if you could collaborate with teams of talented and passionate individuals to craft innovative architectures and transformational strategies? … Sounds like fiction, you say? Absolutely not! Welcome to Salesforce!
An Enterprise Architect is a customer-facing enterprise-wide expert with broad technical skills, deep industry knowledge, and unparalleled business acumen. The Enterprise Architect supports sales teams in developing Salesforce value propositions that align with our customers’ business strategies on digital transformation and cloud adoption. The Enterprise Architect is a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, distributed platforms, mobile, and analytics. Enterprise Architects are expected to have strong sales skills and use proven consultative approaches to engage with customers and define their transformation journey along with steps to get there.
Here is a list that highlights an Enterprise Architect's day job:
• Assist the customer in business planning and strategy by focusing on business capabilities and maturity. Understand customer needs, company's products/services and match them with best in class technology to define a north-star target state. Help to define prioritization and sequencing of the transformation by proposing a strategic roadmap that leads to the target state. Lead key discussions around change programs from both business and technical perspectives.
• Determine which Salesforce and third-party technologies to leverage in customer's architecture landscape, based upon product knowledge, industry experience, industry standard EA frameworks, and Salesforce EA methodologies.
• Clearly articulate business architecture (mission/vision, capability models, capability assessments) and technical architecture (current and future state diagrams, solution best practices, reference architectures, design patterns).
• Provide reliable and trusted -data rich- points of view of relatable customer transformations in the industry i.e. how other customers with similar needs have succeeded in their transformation.
• Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
• Travel to customer engagements (around 30% of the month). This position may be assigned to support one or more geographies and account teams.
• Actively engage with account executives and solution engineers to develop opportunities for customer-facing enterprise architecture engagements. Continuously promote and communicate the value of Enterprise Architecture both within the solution engineering community, as well as within the broader sales and customer success organizations.
• Participate in all appropriate product/sales training, certifications, educational sessions and industry summits to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
• Share engagement experience with the internal audiences and enrich collective IP. Conduct architecture workshops and other enablement sessions. Mentor and guide junior enterprise architects.
• A trusted advisor to CIO/CTO/EA level contacts and their teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
• A true asset to Salesforce due to broad and deep knowledge of business and technical architecture across all relevant domains.
• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
• 8+ years experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines
• Good understanding of and ability to discuss cloud architecture and principles of modern platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
• Good understanding of enterprise application integration technologies as well as common EA topics such as person based journeys, process orchestration, master data management, analytics and insights, artificial intelligence, etc.
• Good understanding of security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
•Familiar with Industry or vertical solutions a plus
.Familiar with principles of network, application and information security
• Articulate and balanced in demeanor with crisp written and verbal communication skills
• 2-3 years in a pre-sales role or customer-facing consultative role
• Experience with and deep understanding of key business drivers and technical architecture
• Working knowledge of Salesforce's platform capabilities, hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
• Experience with and exposure to architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
. Familiar with design thinking and similar principles
• Familiar with relevant (regional, vertical, etc.) data privacy, risk management, and compliance requirements
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. At Salesforce, we inspire each other and the industry through our values – trust, customer success, innovation, and equality. Our employees are empowered to bring their authentic self to work. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $130,060. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. (http://cloud.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form)
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.