Veritas Principal Security Compliance & Regulatory Program Manager in Columbia, South Carolina
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
Veritas seeks an experienced, hands-on technical Security and Compliance Program Manager to support its NetBackup SaaS Protection product and be a vital part of a world-class Engineering Team. This role requires a very resourceful individual to drive and own highly complex security and compliance projects for the product. Key projects that you would move forward includes but is not limited to:
- SOC 2 compliance
- GxP compliance (ISO 9001)
- ISO 27001
- FedRAMP and Public Sector compliance
- Product Security and Secure Software Development
This position requires that you become a product subject matter expert. Excellent communication skills are a crucial requirement. You will be communicating with prospects, customers, external consultants, internal security teams, along with the product engineering team. The expectation is that you will be organizing the projects you own and be making significant hands-on contributions to each one.
- Drive and make significant contributions to compliance programs for the product (SOC 2, GxP, ISO 27001, FedRAMP)
- Communicate product architecture and security both internally and externally for customers, prospects, consultants
- Contribute to many of the security and compliance requirements for product releases (Coverity, Black Duck)
- Integrate product Engineering and DevOps security practices to meet corporate standards
- Drive internal audits of compliance requirements
- Drive on-going process improvements and gap remediation activities as required
- A minimum of 10 years of technical experience as a Security or Compliance Program Manager leading complex business and technical programs involving vulnerability assessment, remediation plan development, and oversight
- US citizenship required
- Functional understanding of Public Sector compliance requirements, including:
· FIPS 140-2
· CAC / PKI
· DISA STIG
· VPAT / Section 508
- Public Sector experience highly desired, to include:
· U.S. Federal Government
· U.S. Military (Cryptology, Cyber Assurance, Command Cyber Operational Readiness Inspection Manager, Administrator, Engineer)
· Large financial or healthcare
- Familiarity with OWASP and secure software development principles
- Strong understanding of encryption/hashing algorithms and ability to provide use case guidance
A software engineering background is desirable with the following being highly desirable:
Experience with Azure
- Experience with .NET / C#
- A Master’s degree and PMP or PgMP certification is desired.
- CISSP or CISM or CISA or CSSLP certification highly desired
- Outstanding cross-functional management and leadership skills
- Proficiency in influencing and negotiation at an internal and external executive level
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with many cross-functional teams
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- Highly flexible and adaptive; able to multi-thread across many simultaneous projects
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in software/system design and development methodologies, including Agile
- Familiarity or hands-on use of Microsoft suite of products, JIRA, Confluence, Tenable.io, and Synopsys suite of products (Coverity, Black Duck), and Qualys
- Ability to travel up to 20%, usually with advanced planning
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .