Verint Systems, Inc. Project Manager, IT in Columbia, South Carolina
Project Manager, IT
Job ID 15924
Overview of Job Function:
The Project Manager will manage all Application and Infrastructure projects in the Global IT division to Verint Systems Inc. They will work effectively with project teams to ensure quality implementations are carried out within the required timelines.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
• Provides consistent project direction and management throughout the project lifecycle, using the PMO toolset to accomplish goals defined by the project scope and objectives.
• Develops and evolves the project management tools and processes. Assists with change management and adoption. Trains and mentors other PMs, acting as a role model and advocating usage of EPMO.
• Demonstrates proactive and effective communication throughout the phases of the projects and to appropriate audiences.
• Creates effective presentations and facilitates meetings that have clear objectives and meaningful outcomes.
• Provides project planning and project management mentoring and leadership to other members of IT as well as other areas of the organization.
• Creates or participates in developing budgets and financial justification for new projects. Keeps within allocated project budget, anticipating variances and negotiating payment terms as appropriate.
• Manages the quality of vendor deliverables, contract negotiation, software selection, vendor resources.
• Takes lead in integrated activities such as cross-project interfaces, testing, infrastructure planning and implementation, go-live planning.
• Thinks and participates in activities outside the scope of individual responsibilities assuming broad span of responsibility, including ownership of multiple, complex, and/or high-profile projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, and/or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as a Project Manager in IT.
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to organize workloads and resources.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent writing skills for executive communications, proposals and project reporting.
• Demonstrated success in supporting and managing large and complex information systems including applications, storage, compute, networks and security systems.
• 25% travel required, both domestic and international.
• Demonstrated success in conducting information security audits and risk assessments.
• Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search, OFAC and Social Security verification.
• The ability to obtain the necessary credit line required to travel.
• Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, and/or Engineering is preferred.
• Experience working with Information Security.
• Desired certification – CISSP, PMP, Six Sigma.
• Other certifications include - CISM, CISA.
• Have a working understanding of ISO 27001.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.