VIVA USA Inc Security Analyst in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
Req Ref No: LSSCSA676 Location: COLUMBIA, SC Duration: 12 months
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The client responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client Information Systems and Data. client seeks an expert in Information Security and Compliance to serve as an ISSO that can bring hands-on experience to the establishment, implementation and/or enhancement of Information Systems Security and Compliance efforts based on State/Agency Policy/Standards and Regulatory Guidance such as FISMA, NIST 800-53, CMS MARS-E, HIPAA, etc.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ISSO will report to the Deputy Chief Information Security Officer for Risk and Compliance within the client and operate as an experienced consultant to client leadership, business units, business partners and vendors.
Security Program Experience:
Experience with CMS MARS-E or other NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliant programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Hands-on technical experience with a variety of technologies with a well-documented history of integrating security principles to existing and new technology platforms is a key factor of success for this position.
Experience with development and integration of RMF/Audit & Assessment (A&A) tasks and artifacts into the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is ideal.
Experience in security as related to Cloud services and vendor management would be considered desirable for this position.
Hands-on experience with any or all the following technologies would be considered key-factors of success for this position: MarkLogic NoSQL or other non-relational database technologies MSSQL, Oracle or other relational database technologies RSA Archer Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions IBM System 390/zSeries Linux and Windows servers Network Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Switching and Routing Infrastructure Tenable SecurityCenter and Nessus Scanner DevOps
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly support the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of client security and compliance efforts.
- Audit and Assess internal agency systems as well as business partner/service provider information system security controls.
- Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, System Center Service Manager (Ticketing system), RSA Archer eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered during A&A activities or other client efforts.
- Assist with security and compliance reviews of Contracts, Business Associate Agreements, Data Usage/Sharing Agreements and other type documents and artifacts.
- Assist on or perform third-party audits and/or assessments of agency and business partner systems
- Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide recommendations for security and compliance risk mitigation efforts.
- Must have current, strong working knowledge of NIST 800-53, CMS MARS-E and HIPAA Security and Privacy.
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience in I.T. working with and/or auditing Windows, Linux, Databases (Relational and Non-Relational), Networking Infrastructure and Web-based Applications, and IBM System 390/zSeries.
- ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification is required.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to engage diverse audiences of varying technical and non-technical skill-levels to ensure effective alignment of technical requirements to business objectives.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate efforts amongst multiple teams and vendors in fulfillment of client client initiatives.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to include working with templates and style guidelines for branding consistency.
- Keen attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to absorb, retain and communicate complex processes.
- Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism and remain flexible in dealing with leadership and teams of varying technical and business knowledge.
- BS degree in computer science or similar discipline.
- Prior experience working within a MARS-E compliant program.
- Prior experience in working with any eGRC systems.
- Prior Health Information Technology experience.
- Prior ITIL experience in the area of Information Security Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience in I.T. working with and/or auditing Windows, Linux, Databases (Relational and Non-Relational), Networking Infrastructure and Web-based Applications, and IBM System 390/zSeries
- BS degree in computer science or similar discipline. Skills: Education Technical Certifications Yes 2 Advanced Within 10 Years 4 - 6 Years Education Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field No 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years IT Administration ITIL v3 No 4 Entry Within 2 Years < 1 Year Miscellaneous KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD, BEST PRACTICES, ORGANIZATION AND OPERATIONS Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 4 - 6 Years Network Security HIPAA Security No 3 Advanced Within 1 Year 1 - 2 Years Network Security IT Security No 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 - 6 Years Network Security MARS-E No 1 Advanced Within 1 Year 1 - 2 Years Specialties eGRC solutions No 2 Intermediate Within 1 Year 1 - 2 Years Specialties NIST Security No 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 - 4 Years
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.