Perspecta Technical Advisor / Architect in Columbia, South Carolina
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Supports the TOPM, Deputy TOPM, and QM/QMR.
Responsible for the development, documentation, governance, and training for business and technical architectures supporting AFCENT lifecycle engineering, operations, and cybersecurity services throughout the Integrated Lifecycle Framework (ILF).
Incorporates project and program management best practices from the PMI PMBOK and ITIL.
Responsible for the maturity, evolution, and continual improvement of the NOSC organization structure, services/capabilities, processes, policies, standards, and methodologies, and ensure NOSC alignment and compliance with Federal, DoD, Air Force, and AFCENT mandates, regulations, directives, procedures and processes, and the AFCENT A60 Technical Director direction.
Perform a baseline assessment of existing ITIL processes and their associated process workflows.
Coordinates efforts and provides support to the other Functional Area Managers to define training plans, mature process and procedures, identify documentation to enhance and mature the Knowledgebase, and to provide technical writing and project management support.
• 12 to 15 years of experience with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 10 plus years with PhD. Additional years of experience may substitute education.
• PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) - Server Infrastructure
• Trainer Certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, Firewall, & ITIL)
• Top Secret security clearance (SCI eligibility)
• Knowledgeable of IT data analytics and cyber security concepts
• Experience with FISMA Policies, Procedures and Reporting, Security Authorization Process (SAP), Security Control Assessment (SCA), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Systems Security Plans (SSP), ICD 503, FIPS 199 standards, NIST 800-53 series, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), and Security Event and Incident Management System (SEIM) data
• Experience with risk management tools, incident response procedures, network traffic and firewall logs, router and switch logs, active directory/exchange events, anti-virus/anti-malware events, network scanning compliance, contingency planning/disaster recovery, and enterprise architecture compliance
• Prior experience supporting federal government and/or Department of Defense
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification.
• Experience with Cybersecurity Program Management
• Organized and detail-oriented; ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
Sumpter, SC / Shaw AFB
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO at https://perspecta.com/eeo-aa Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).