Honeywell Advanced Test Engineer in Fort Mill, South Carolina
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As an Advanced SW Test Engineer, you will be part of a team to turn requirements into deliverable products. This position is responsible for ensuring that product SW testing is planned for, monitored and continuously improved. This position is responsible for EVT/DVT product testing, evaluating test results to determine product performance to spec and drive visibility to the Project and cross functional teams within Honeywell Sensing and Productivity Products. This position will collaborate with the Engineering and Project teams to develop and execute product test plans and improvement initiatives that will drive increased product quality increasing customer experience and loyalty enabling profitable growth at SPS.
· An opportunity to be engaged in full product lifecycle, from inception to final product.
· Hands on lab work to test, verify, and validate products meet product and customer requirements
· Use your creativity to develop testing concepts for a leading industry.
· Creation/development, modification, and execution of software test strategies, plans and suites.
· Perform Product Engineering verification testing in accordance with approved test plans and procedures
· Participate in developing tools and environments to automate test execution.
· Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems, analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
· Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
· Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
· Work with a cross functional engineering team to test products from development through qualification and production cycle.
· Analyzes design and determines test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
· Works with global test team and external parties to develop reliable and cost- effective testing and quality assurance solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding test status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Read and understand technical product specifications, using these on discussions with development engineers to design complete test plans that will lead to discovery of critical discoverable issues on product; hold and direct reviews of those test plans.
· Create SW test plans, performance standards, and develop test environments
· Participate in design reviews on products with an eye towards ensuring testability, provide input on potential issues with designs/builds; from these drive enhancements to test plans and processes, drive continuous improvements of testing procedures.
· Estimate device counts needed for testing and schedule time required to complete tests
· Timely detailed communication of issues, findings, concerns, and questions to Engineering and management
· Baseline Analysis and Data Collection, including visual inspection, to be used for later comparison
· Ability to perform a variety of test as required in the product Test Plan.
· Perform root cause analysis on issues and oddities that may show up during testing.
· Perform competitive analysis, document results, and drive improvements based on these.
· Document detailed findings on each test case, noting issues and oddities, and tracking this in the Test Plan notes; sharing these among the team as appropriate
· Driving issues and findings to appropriate resolution; reasonable discussions with engineers and management
· Providing final, overall risk assessment to release product after testing
· Updating test documentations as needed before/during/after testing
· Drive continuous improvement to testing process to provide better quality or reduced test duration
· Help facilitate continuous improvement and learning to Engineering team through training and communication of testing results and initiatives
· Participate in the development, review and approval of test processes for new and sustaining products ensuring that these improve the Honeywell User Experience (HUE).
· Support Honeywell Operating Systems (HOS)
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Minimum 10 years in SW testing, experience in driving continuous improvement, product quality and customer experience
· Hands on experience with scripting languages preferably /PYTHON/C#.
· Experience in scanning performance testing (including barcode, dotcode, digmarc)
· Hands-on system software test automation experience.
· Teamwork: Individuals who take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
· Individuals that assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations
· Effectively using data to make intelligent decisions
· Ability to drive incremental improvements in everyday situations
· Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complex tasks
· Must be able to collaborate effectively with other functions to drive quality awareness and focus
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
· Strong analytical skills
· English Language Proficiency
· Process oriented and customer focused
· Results driven with a positive can-do attitude
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
· Six Sigma / DFSS background, strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.