Continental Intern - Business Intelligence/Pricing Internship- Year Round in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Intern - Business Intelligence/Pricing Internship- Year Round
Fort Mill, SC
Continental has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Continental Tire located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Business Intelligence/Pricing Intern to join our Truck Tire group on the Marketing team! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
*Must be able to work onsite once HQ is back open (potentially by Fall 2021)
Truck Tire (TT) US & CAN is looking for a Business Intelligence Intern to support varying pricing and market analysis responsibilities. The ideal candidate could be working on her / his business degree and desires to gain market research experience.
• Support in the data exchange program with the Unites States Tire Manufacturing Association (USTMA) and Tire Rubber Association of Canada (TRAC).
• Support internal team responsible for database (SAP BI solution) used in reporting program.
• Support Management, Sales, Pricing, Product, and other key areas with truck tire industry data.
• Support in compiling and analysis of relevant pricing data from multiple sources.
• Support in the creation of monthly presentations for management which highlight key pricing and market updates.
• Support in the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for management.
• Support in updating economic / trucking indicators which directly impact the industry and provide input for our future forecasts.
• Support in providing data, participating in monthly updates, and working in coordination with Business Unit the Americas on US & CAN data.
• Support in varying projects: distribution and coverage analysis, dashboards, expansion / improvement of reporting program, monitoring sales developments, ad hoc requests, and more.
• Support in investigating and analyzing public competitor information, market trends, and government regulations affecting the US & CAN TT Business Units.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive Intern Pay
• Project Experience
• Hands on Experience
• Networking Opportunities
• Social Events
• And many more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Must be enrolled in a US accredited degree program
• Must maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8 or higher
• Strong excel skills
• Ability to work 12 months
• Ability to work 20 hours per week
• Must be enrolled in school through at least May 2022
• Proficient with Windows Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing and currently enrolled in Graduate Program
• Power BI Proficiency or other dashboarding knowledge
• Ability to work 30 hours per week
• Passion for vehicles / automotive
• Strong communication skills
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.