Ross Stores, Inc. Lead, IT Applications- Warehouse Control Systems in Fort Mill, South Carolina
The Lead, IT Applications- Warehouse Control Systems provides high level technical support and serves as a technical lead within Supply Chain IT for project development initiatives and multiple end-user groups focused on warehouse control systems. Collaborates and leads business analysts and enterprise architect team members to create and maintain technical solution documentation that fulfills business requirements.
- Performing technical analysis activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level; working with key users in the continual improvement of business processes within their functional areas
- Providing new capabilities and driving value from existing capabilities
o Leading different aspects of systems development life cycle - ensuring that:
Business requirements are translated to technical solutions consisting of workflows, architectural diagrams, and any specific logic related for implementation
Systems are designed/coded or purchased that meet the defined requirements, and that execute efficiently
Test plans including stress and load testing plans are designed and executed successfully
Accountable for successful implementation, migration and deployment of finalized build packages through development, staging and production environments
Provides warranty period support and ensures the technical success of applications and code; assists production support team with troubleshooting and de-bugging of production issues as needed
All required system and user documentation is created accurately
Projects are completed on time, on budget, and follow SDLC standards
o Supporting existing production systems
Defining and prioritizing system problems and enhancement requests translated to technical solutions
Ensuring the related fixes and/or enhancements are tested successfully (by IT and by key business partners)
Ensuring all support activities are executed on time and on budget
Assist with trouble-shooting technical and data issues in relation to processes and other applications.
- Ensuring business partners view our group as proactive and responsive to business needs
- Taking a leadership role in exploring and analyzing new application functions and technologies
- Drive Results
- Organizational Understanding
- Planning and Organizing
- Analysis and Judgment
- Results Orientation
- Tolerance for Ambiguity
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 8 years' experience as a technical analyst in the Supply Chain and/or Retail IT field
- Experience with one or more Supply Chain Systems (WCS, WMS)
- Experience working closely and effectively in a mix of business, technical, and architectural teams to accomplish a goal
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Understands database structures and data flow diagrams (DFD)
- Understands and creates swim lane process flows
- Demonstrated ability to translate requirements documentation into technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a test plan including stress and performance testing
- Experience leading medium to large IT projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, or equivalent discipline, or an equivalent business experience
- Intermediate to Expert SQL
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including Visio
- Data manipulation in Excel and/or Access
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Travel requirements: Approximately 10-15% of time
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.