Honeywell Sr Advanced Software Engineer in Fort Mill, South Carolina
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone – today and tomorrow.
Use your wireless/RF engineering skills and experience to analyze and develop wireless telecommunications capabilities within the Honeywell embedded software team. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will bring value to Honeywell's wireless products and services by enhancing device performance within wireless networks and optimizing operation in unique customer applications. You will rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while working within a global technical team.
The engineering organization is pursuing a Sr. Software Engineer in the RF engineering team. As a member of the team you will be responsible for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth product development, engineering testing, customer support, and improving RF firmware in Android and embedded Linux based platforms.
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Experience with wireless technology standards including 802.11, NFC, and Bluetooth
· 5+ years’ experience in wireless systems development including requirement analysis, software design, implementation, testing, and support.
· Extensive experience with Android/Linux/RTOS based software platforms
· Proficiency with wireless debug methodologies to isolate low level system issues and troubleshoot complex hardware and software technical problems
· Extensive knowledge of wireless protocols and RF systems
· Proficiency with wireless debug methodologies to isolate low level system issues and troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical problems
· Experience with RF test equipment to evaluate system performance, evaluate compliance compatibility, and troubleshoot operational issues
· Excellent C/C++ programming skills
· Real world experience of deploying wireless products and troubleshooting RF driver issues
· Strong experience and knowledge of wireless communications and mobile technology
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.