Continental Sr. IT Business Analyst - Machine Execution Systems (MES) in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Sr. IT Business Analyst - Machine Execution Systems (MES)
Fort Mill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Sr. IT Business Analyst - Machine Execution Systems (MES - Mixing) to join our IT group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
This role will perform senior level MES functional duties in support and delivery of advanced mixing and business and quality system.
• Take part in the design, analysis and programming of our Mixing Management IT products on schedule and in accordance with client requirements and global standards. Work with all areas of the shop floor, mostly in Mixing Manufacturing Area and its integration to other shop floor and ERP systems to resolve process and operational issues
Mixing Management System (MMS):
• Synchronization of the execution of mixing machines with the ERP layer and the tracking tracing and quality reporting for the material on the shop floor
• Optimize material flow efficiencies within an integrated quality system
• Responsible for material management and service support for MMS and Lab
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree
• 5 years of experience in design and implementing manufacturing execution systems such as Siemens or similar manufacturing process systems
• 5 years of experience in manufacturing industry and/or R&D within an IT or Business function
• 5 years of experience in quality systems with shop floor integration
• Able to perform after hours or holiday support, as needed
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Application Server, JBoss/Apache Tomcat and/or JBoss Cluster experience
• Programming experience - Java, C+, Java Script and/or Visual Basic
• Willingness to travel, up to 50% when needed, possible international travel
• Learning capabilities; interest in detailed work; high drive; results orientated; willingness to take responsibility; able to interact on multiple levels from the shop floor and up; team spirit
• Recently demonstrated experience in a consultative or operational role leading a successfully MES engagement for or within a large global enterprise customer, preferably for a manufacturing client
• Project Management experience
• Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
• 7 years of experience in design and implementing manufacturing execution systems such as Siemens or similar manufacturing process systems
• 7 years of experience in manufacturing industry and/or R&D within an IT or Business function
• 7 years of experience in quality systems with shop floor integration experience
• Experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing SAP PP, MM, PM and /or QM is a plus (Cross-functional experience in some or all these SAP modules)
• Experience in Networking and/or Program Logic Controls (PLC) knowledge
• Experience in an international work environment
• Multi-lingual skills – Spanish, German and/or Portuguese
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.