Lockheed Martin Aircraft Field Support Engineer Senior, F-35 Program in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Field Sustainment Team! This position is located at Lakenheath AFB, United Kingdom (UK). The successful candidate will relocate from their current location to the UK, working in-country as part of the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics technical interface to the on-site customer (Operations and Maintenance) in resolving issues arising from aircraft maintenance or modification activities for all matters dealing with the F-35 aircraft.
The preferred candidate will either be a Vehicle Systems (VS/APG), Mission Systems (MS/Avionics), or Supportable Low Observable (SLO) Subject Matter Expert (SME) or be an emerging authority who has the skill set to accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of APG/Vehicle Systems or Avionics/Mission Systems. SLO and structural repairs. Interested candidates are expected to commit two years on-site.
Other responsibilities include:
• Accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of difficulties experienced in the field.
• Attend debriefings to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues that require company intervention to avoid aircraft downtime.
• Document all unusual operation / maintenance problems to ensure the company is apprised of and can identify emerging failure trends.
• Initiate Action Requests (ARs). Identify unique operational problems that require technical, procedural, or quality assurance actions to resolve. Provide on-site assistance to company and customer personnel initiating ARs.
• Provide training to customer personnel. Must be able to work and interact with the maintainer as well as the professional engineers from other F-35 companies as a peer.
• Some travel required; candidates must be willing and able to deploy with customer to possible hazardous duty locations. Long term deployments may be required. US Department of Defense (DoD) mandated vaccinations may be required.
• Applicant must be able to work and communicate well both orally and written in a team environment as this position involves significant and continued interface with customer personnel at all levels.
• Provide support for the assigned site on aircraft ground maintenance and operational limitations. Direct on-site support as requested by customer, site manager or program management. Lead and track multiple engineering efforts and provide periodic status to customer and program management.
• Must be able to obtain F-35 Special Program Access. Must have at least an Interim Secret Clearance. Must be able to obtain a Final Secret Security Clearance. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that will require special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Minimum 5 years experience with Vehicle Systems (VS), Mission Systems (MS) / Avionics, or Supportable Low Observable (SLO)
• Military aircraft maintenance experience
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Technical Report writing
• Experience with drawing/schematics reading and interpretation
• Fault Isolation and problem analysis experience at the sub-system level
• Airframe & Power plant (A&P) license
• Military Fighter Aircraft experience
• Knowledge of CATIA & System/Software Engineering Environment (S/SEE)
• Previous Field Service FSE/REP experience
• VS/MS/SLO experience F-22 or F-35
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.