Lockheed Martin Continuous Improvement Validation Analyst (Mid-Career Level) in Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
The Aeronautics Field Sustainment (AFS) team is looking for a senior validation analyst to perform and lead continuous improvement, data analytics, metric creation and metric maintenance tasks for the AFS organization. This position is assigned to the AFS Operations Team and performs under the guidance of the AFS Operational Excellence (OpEx) Lead. AFS Operational Excellence team members are responsible for identifying, facilitating and implementing a wide variety of continuous improvement projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the AFS organization as it delivers sustainment solutions to our customers in the field. The OpEx team provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and must be consistent with organization objectives.
The position requires frequent contacts and interfaces with AFS, Lockheed Martin Logistics Services (LMLS) and other Lockheed Martin program and functional leaders. The position facilitates the development of solutions to difficult operational and business rhythm issues associated with specific projects related to the AFS mission.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Prepare and maintain the annual Performance Excellence Plan (PEP) for the AFS team that catalogues and prioritizes organizational improvement initiatives.
• Monitor, facilitate and implement Structured Improvement Activities and other improvement initiatives.
• Create and enhance performance metrics for a variety of functions and programs to ensure AFS management has a focused view of organizational performance and capabilities.
• Create and maintain data collection systems in conjunction with performance metrics to ensure timely reporting of information to AFS management.
• Assist with the planning, execution and completion of external AS 9100 Quality Management System audits.
• Complete internal Quality Management System audits to identify weaknesses in the AFS system and recommend opportunities for improvement.
• Assist with the review, approval and record keeping of AFS policies and procedures.
• Complete special projects that often are unanticipated and require flexibility and creativity.
• To be considered for this position, you must be a United States citizen
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Discover more about Lockheed Martin Aeronautics in Greenville, SC Discover Greenville.
The following Basic Qualification are the skills that you must possess to be considered for this position:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with 5 years professional experience in the following skillsets:
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Formal experience implementing structured improvement activities or continuous improvement projects from start to finish
• Experience facilitating solutions for multi-functional teams.
• Experience performing a wide variety of tasks in order to drive improvement projects to closure
• Formal experience with simultaneously leading multiple projects involving different team members who have conflicting priorities
• Strong Microsoft Office or related skills - Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint emphasized
The following Desired Skills are not required, but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Green Belt or Black Belt trained or certified
• Experience with AS 9100 or ISO 9001
• Ability to work independently and without step by step guidance
• Experience defining and implementing policies
• Experience leading new projects that do not have previous examples available
• Experience interacting with employees at all levels of the organization and with a diverse group of functions
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a military / defense contracting environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.