TEKsystems Network Administrator, Core Network in Greenville, South Carolina
TEKsystems is seeking a Remote Tier 2 Core Network Administrator preferably sitting in the Eastern Time Zone to provide Core network monitoring and support to our Alaska based ISP.
This will be a contract to hire engagement
This resource will be 100% remote and have the ability to work standard EST business hours.
Purpose of Position: Provides tier-II expertise support in local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), internet system, and storage area network (SAN) in support of complex client-server environments. The position will provide operational monitoring, support, analysis, and systems administration. Install, configure, and support the organization’s networks by maintaining systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Responsible for the configuration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning of data communications hardware and software. Coordinate, install, test, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain the network. Maintain the company’s systems, wireless data/IP and core network environment by providing operational support for the company’s core IP, MPLS, Carrier Ethernet and Data/IP network systems, technical support for incident resolution related to wireless telecommunication technologies, including a growing 5G network.
- Incidents range from total outages to chronic intermittent issues causing reduction of service in accordance with design criteria and quality goals.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
• Project work relating to platform growth and support.
• Change Management and management plans
• Deployment and troubleshooting of Nokia, Cisco, Brocade, and Juniper IP/MPLS routers and switches.
• Working independently and/or in teams with little or no supervision required, providing primary support responsibility for multiple network platforms.
• Management of network resources
• Reviewing facilities utilization and performance.
• Creating and auditing network and systems documentation.
• Inventory tracking and maintenance, reports ensuring network elements meet expected life cycles.
• Performs daily operational checks and preventative maintenance on all associated equipment.
• Compile and generate statistical/traffic & network performance reports including bandwidth usage. Identify the bottleneck on associated IP links
• Responsible to perform system software and hardware upgrades working with Engineering.
• Working closely with Engineers and other company business groups to resolve problems affecting customers. Ensure compliance with network SLAs.
• Tracks repair parts and materials according to established procedures.
• Installs configures and supports the company’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and internet systems, or a segment of a network system.
• Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
• Responsible for direct customer communication and Tier I and Tier II escalation support.
• May monitor and test site performance to ensure sites operate correctly and without interruption.
• Supports in-network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
• Administer / perform network security measures.
Job Qualifications At all Levels:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to handle moderate levels of stress while demonstrating excellent interpersonal and professional interaction skills with customers and other employees.
• Experience managing large network platforms.
• Demonstrated working experience in the use of Visio.
• Understanding of standard wide area concepts such as routing, multicasting, broadcasting, duplex and half-duplex, reliability and testing, high availability, security and standards.
• Experience with SNMP based network management systems, configuration and operation strongly recommended.
• Demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills, able to effectively document procedures and technical processes.
• Experience with Remedy, Metasolv, Statseeker, Cacti, Cisco Prime, and X-windows configuration and operation is strongly recommended.
• Ongoing skill development is required to help achieve best MTTR (Mean time to repair) and assist in network optimization
Certifications: Industry-specific certifications are highly valued and contribute toward education.
• Cisco CCNA, Nokia NRS-I, or equivalent
• Cisco CCNP, Nokia NRS-II, or equivalent, SCTE DEP
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.