Lockheed Martin Network Administrator Sr (Level 3) / Cameri, Italy FACO in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: Senior Network Administrator – F35 ALIS
Expat position to: Cameri, Italy Final Assembly and Check-Out (FACO) facility
Who We Are:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
It takes more than steel, advanced electronics and engine thrust to make the F-35 Lightning II, the world's fifth generation fighter, take flight. It is the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) that gives F-35 Lightning II operators the ability to plan ahead, to maintain, to plan and sustain its systems over the life of the air vehicle. ALIS provides the IT backbone and capabilities to support current and future Warfighters across the U.S. and allied military services.
Join us and see where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you!
A Day in the Life:
Craving a challenge? Design trusted network solutions and necessary communications infrastructure to keep our jets flying!
As a Senior Network Administrator partnering with our customer; you will also be empowered to lead large scale communications project implementations and migrations, survey new communications technologies, and convey positive change recommendations to network architecture and topology.
Holding many hats, you will also train your teammates, coordinating equipment installations, and putting your expertise to use troubleshooting in customer support.
You are self-motivated, thrive when presented a challenge, and demonstrate an outstanding attention to detail. You are curious, relishing the opportunity to continuously learn and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, adhering to tight deadlines. Relishing a challenge, you enjoy solving problems
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards and recognition
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week
• Willing to relocate to Italy
• Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation closure date within the last 6 years
• Have or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security)
• Network administrator experience with experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking
• Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations
• Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security
• Network Administration Skills, to include: high level systems administration, Stand Operating Instruction & training material Development
• Demonstrated ability to analyze intrusion detection system networks
• Extensive ops and troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems and network hardware (e.g., Juniper/Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and Net Optics taps)
• Knowledge of spanning technology in switches
• Development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.