Lockheed Martin Quality Engineer (Junior-Level), F-16 Program in Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Lockheed Martin Greenville Operations is seeking a motivated Quality Engineer who can represent the “Our Brand Means Quality” quality policy. Responsible, Dedicated, Customer-Focused and Committed. Perform a diverse array of Quality responsibilities. Our work “MAKES A DIFFERENCE”.
Must have a mindset & culture of continuous improvement, drive affordability, reduce waste and incorporate effective change.
Reviews documentation in the manufacturing Process (Internal / External) to ensure quality products are delivered to our customer.
Perform Statistical Analysis on process / production assemblies to drive preventative actions and reduce product variations.
Perform assessments and audits on process & procedures to ensure compliance to engineering drawings, specifications and customer requirements (AS9100 “D” / AS9102).
Analyze and solve basic to complex issues and show effective solutions.
Drive lessons learned and utilize “Science of Quality” methods to improve Quality operations.
Deliver and maintain Quality Control Plans ( QCP) which outlines inspection gates and guidelines to ensure compliance to the Quality Standards.
Must be able to work off shifts and non-standard work weeks as needed to meet production Quality Goals.
Perform at all levels of aircraft manufacturing from sub-assemblies, production build and flight line operations.
Must be a US Citizen. Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Lockheed Martin Greenville is committed to our employees' growth, we just don’t reward our people with a pay check. We offer a wide variety resources & amenities to help them live flexible, healthy, fulfilling lives at work and outside of work.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• 4/10 work week with "3" days off
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Experience interpreting drawings, specifications, contracts and other engineering requirements following Quality Standards.
• Root Cause Analysis experience or training
• ISO9000 or AS9100 experience
• Microsoft Office skills ( MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint )
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Bachelor's Degree in a Technical / Engineering Discipline and 2 years related experience or a Master's Degree and 1 year related experience.
• Experience using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) skills
• AS9100 / AS9102 experience
• Experience with implementation of predictive Quality
• Green belt trained or certified
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or similar certification
• Ability to adapt to changing environments while meeting Customer requirements
• Knowledge of lean techniques and AS9145
• Product and processes validation and verification for effectiveness.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.