DXC Technology Senior Application Technical Writer in Greenville, South Carolina
The Technical Writing resource will be required to determine and ensure correct documentation of all processing for new development on a large-scale, highly complex (senior-level) mainframe based implementation. The Technical Writing resource will need to be able to translate specified documents or create systems documents for a final product(s) such as a Systems Operational Manual, ability to populate and add to specific templates such as an Application System Appreciation Document for the overall initiative as well as assist the application development teams with their technical documentation needs to allow them to remain focused on the in-depth mainframe technical work. In addition, the Technical Writing resource will capture details of implementation and required information for maintaining the service i.e. ServiceNow knowledge/category structure, SLA's, KPI's, Escalation matrix, Process impact for upstream, downstream, etc.
• Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
• Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
• Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and nontechnical users.
• Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
• Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
• Coordinate with Job Scheduler to ensure all support conditions are covered and tied to ServiceNow.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or communications.
• 5-7 years of experience required in an IT development environment.
• Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill.
• Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
• Ability to read some programming code.
• Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or video conference.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to work in a diverse team environment.
• Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary.
• Must be able to retain knowledge of environment and systems once given instruction.
• Must be able to work with Business Customers, Project Managers, Technical Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in a professional and collaborative manner.
• Must prepare all required artifacts accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Must perform related work as assigned.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities