WindStream Communications Software Engineer II in Greenville, South Carolina
Responsible for meeting customer needs through application development, deployment and life-cycle management, specializing in Windstream’s quoting and product catalog applications. Includes development initiatives, implementation, configuration and deployment of custom applications and modified off-the-shelf applications, as well as developing integrations between Windstream's systems. This position will interact with other organizations both within IT and the business, to provide proactive solutions to the business and drive business value.
Skills and Competencies:
This position calls for excellent competencies in a variety of areas, including:
- Leadership and communication skills – to build and strengthen relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual, bringing a strong sense of focus and energy to work.
- Familiarity with a Linux shell environment and accessing Linux systems remotely via SSH to run applications.
- Ability to diagnose problems occurring within a system or resulting through integration between systems.
- Experience with development, deployment, and management of microservice/cloud-based architectures such as Spring Boot and Docker is a plus.
- Business domain expertise in telecom industry and/or BPM would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of the Agile development methodologies, such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Development and implementation of quoting and catalog software initiatives.
- Production support of quoting and catalog software, including some off-hours support on a rotating schedule.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of databases and associated development.
- Identifying issues within software systems and recommending solutions to others.
- Implement and participate within code review process.
- Work and manage multiple development initiatives concurrently.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and users for support and to work in support of requirements and design development.
College degree in a Technical or a related field and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6 years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience, and/or a college degree.
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: IT
Requisition ID: 21001725
Other Locations: US-New York-Rochester, United States
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.