Roper St. Francis Healthcare Data Modeling Analyst in Ladson, South Carolina
Position Title: Data Modeling Analyst
Revision Date: 10-8-2020
Reports To: Supervisor Data Modeling
Job Code: 1088
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Data Modeling is responsible for the design and development of the logical and physical data models based on source systems. The position works closely with Data Warehouse Architecture to design, model and implement standard input and output files which represent the business needs and can be used across the data platforms. The position facilitates consistent business analysis, data acquisition, access analysis and design, and database management. Develops and designs complex and customized analytics that support quality outcomes and informatics initiatives. Develops data sets and data modes for use by other analysts. Integrates large amounts of data which are extracted from various sources and works with the leaders to understand and utilize data and reports.
Education and Experience: Master's degree or equivalent work experience. Experience working with Business Objects and large relational databases in a “big data” environment. Experience in healthcare, science or information systems. Familiarity with the Cerner Millennium Data Model or similar systems. Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and reporting techniques.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Understand what data is needed to address a business question and how to analyze it and interpret results.
Proven ability to extract/source data from multiple disparate data sources and integrate them into a single data set in canonical form
Demonstrate acumen in data profiling and data modeling
Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Time Management – effectively manages time and priorities to complete most important assignments on time
Communication – effectively communicates with and aligns different parties including customers, partners, a peer network of stakeholders, senior executives, technical resources as well as partner staff using verbal and written communication skills
Problem Solving – formulates workable, creative solutions and makes high quality decisions with limited time and data
Critical Thinking – offers new perspectives, thinks out of the box, challenges the status quo to innovate remarkable solutions
Quality – extremely high attention to detail, passion for continuous improvement and operational excellence and commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
Frequent sitting. Frequently requires long periods of working at a computer. Intermittent walking. May require lifting or moving items up to 25 lbs. Frequent use of finger/hand dexterity. Constant talking or hearing. Corrected hearing and vision to normal range. No exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue. Possible exposure to infectious materials, communicable diseases and/or other conditions common to a healthcare environment. Requires work under stressful conditions, deadlines, and/or irregular hours. Ability to read and comprehend. Frequent home reading assignments. Travel may be required. All work must be performed in cooperative team environment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES % OF TIME
- Create conceptual models, logical models, and physical data models for transactional and data warehouse systems. Creating and revising data integration modeling standards and guidelines. Collaborate with project groups to provide expertise with relational database systems and data modeling. Acquire data from multiple primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Analyze Business Requirements, design logical data models and systems functions and present to stakeholders. Develops solutions and analytics based on the analysis of customer business goals, objectives, needs, and existing infrastructure. Applies principles, concepts, and techniques of skills in developing solutions and strategies. Begins to integrate multiple technologies and applications within a specific customer solution.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work closely with management to prioritize analytics initiatives based on business and information needs.
- Translate business and data requirements into data models in support of Enterprise Data Models, Data Warehouse and Analytical systems. Develop Data Warehouse Dimensional modeling constructs. Ensure data design follows the prescribed reference architecture and framework while reflecting appropriate business rules. Facilitate data integration, data conformity and data integrity and ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs and enhancements.
- Pursue continuous improvements based on lessons learned and industry best practices while ensuring all processes include consideration for data integrity and data quality. Reverse engineer data from various source systems.
Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required.
By signing this job description, I agree that I have read and understand all pages of the job description and am able to meet the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that this does not constitute a contract of employment at any time.
_________ ________ ___
Applicant/Employee Name (Print) Applicant/Employee Signature Date