SC Department of Public Safety IT Security Specialist/Analyst in Lexington County, South Carolina
Who We Are The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) helps move South Carolina forward by collecting 95% of the state's General Fund. Committed to making compliance easy for taxpayers, and valuing excellence, collaboration, and professionalism, we work to be an innovative and trustworthy partner for taxpayers, businesses, and tax professionals. With excellent benefits and opportunities for training and advancement, we are dedicated to developing, retaining, and valuing a competent, productive, and diverse workforce.
Job Purpose The IT Security Specialist/Analyst performs simple to moderately complex monitoring and incident management for the SCDOR environments. Applies moderately complex state-of-the-art technology to meet and improve the security operations center. Provides preventative actions and recommendations for issues. Provides moderately complex technical solutions that serve to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Monitor, identify, report and resolve simple to moderately complex problems affecting security and availability to management
- Prepare monitoring reports as required, create and revise standard operating procedures as needed
- Work with team to make recommendations on corrective measures.
- Resolve more complex issues with specific directives to infrastructure for resolution with an emphasis on tracking incident progress, communicating timely status, and ensuring development of lessons learned
- Develop and improve event, alert, and reporting mechanisms for team and stakeholders
- Carry out procedures to ensure that all systems, products, and services meet SCDOR security standards
Investigate moderately complex HelpDesk tickets or problems as assigned using standard operating procedures and playbooks
Create moderately complex procedures and playbooks as assigned.
- Escalate problems to senior staff within defined timelines, and assists senior staff on moderately complex problems
Produce attestation and collateral within the required time period
Provide moderately complex technical and administrative support for the agency systems assigned to them
- Assist units with information security risk assessments
Assist in technology projects, including but not limited to requirements gathering, test planning, and configuring logging actions
Perform moderately complex tasks such as creating dashboards for team and stakeholders
- Translate security requirements into functional specifications and requirements
- Assist with the analysis and development of security plans for various systems
Assist with information security training and awareness programs.
Work with senior analysts, assists in process improvements, automation, and integration of security functions and tools.
- Take ownership and work individually or with teams to ensure requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Establish and enhance two-way communication paths among STS technology staff. Minimum and Additional Requirements
Requires one of the following:
- A bachelor's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and experience in information technology systems or related area.
- Relevant experience may be substituted for bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
Academic degrees must be from an accredited institution of higher learning. Employee may work a shift that could be between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Job hours are subject to change based on availability of personnel. Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of security administration for various operating systems and software.
- Ability to write detailed technical documentation on security procedures.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of information risks, concept,s and principles as a means of relating business needs and security controls.
- Ability to communicate with audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of project management.
- Ability to maintain awareness of agency technology and applications and stay current in knowledge of relevant technologies.. Additional Comments
Background Check: SCDOR employees are required to comply with all SCDOR tax requirements and are subject to a National Criminal Background Check to include fingerprinting.
EEO: It is the policy of the SCDOR to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation.
Salary: $40,759.00 - $75,413.00 Annually
Location: Lexington County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 106480
Closing: 10/26/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: AM80
Position Number: 60033381
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 6
Hiring Range - Min.: $40,759.00
Opening Date: 10/14/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Apply online. Complete the application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be included but not substituted for completing the entire application.
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Employee may work a shift that could be between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Job hours are subject to change based on availability of personnel.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Revenue
Address: 300 A Outlet Pointe Blvd Columbia, South Carolina, 29214-0520