SAIC Windows Systems Administrator in NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina
SAIC is looking for a WindowsSystems Administrator to perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers for the US Navy’s Computer Network Defense team in Charleston, SC.
· This position will be responsible for deploying Cyber Security mandated system upgrades, patches, and performing modifications to ensure Navy Computer Network Defense (CND) classified and unclassified systems are protected against known exploits.
· Testing of upgrades and patches to maintain Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, and 2012 R2.
· Management tasking includes but is not limited to troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool ITSM (Remedy).
· Maintain the patch repository website (SAILOR) for CND variants (uploading patches, organization, etc.).
Travel: Anticipated travel is up to 10%, both CONUS and OCONUS. Candidate must have or be able to obtain a US Passport.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; or 9 years of related experience with a GED/HS degree.
Minimum of 5 years' experience using Windows to include all activities such as active directory, installation, system integration, image development, patching, upgrades, complex problem resolution and other activities in large, complex environment.
Experience with domain servers and managing a Windows network across multiple locations.
- Must have one of the following security certifications: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, OR GCIH.
- Active Secret Clearance and have eligibility for Top Secret.
Foundational knowledge of computer science and cybersecurity.
Familiarity with Linux system administration.
Familiarity with Microsoft Scripting (e.g., Power Shell, VB, Python, C#, bash) and Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) server working knowledge
One of the following OS Certifications: Windows or Linux Variant, VMWare, MS SQL, Active Directory, HBSS, ACAS, SPLUNK, Server+, or similar.
Experience working with DISA ACAS (Tenable Nessus) and HBSS.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability