SC Department of Public Safety Healthcare Data Analyst in Richland County, South Carolina
THIS IS A RE-ANNOUNCEMENT: PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY.
This position is located in Program Integrity/ SURS, Richland County. Under limited supervision, utilizes Business Information System (BIS) tools to develop algorithms, dashboards and reports that aid in the detection Medicaid fraud, waste and abuse. Analyzes data and triages leads to identify quality referrals for the Division of Program Integrity/SUR. Responds to internal and external ad hoc data requests.
- Leads or participates, with some direction, in anti-fraud and abuse data analysis projects requiring manipulation of Medicaid healthcare data. Researches leads using BIS and various other systems and applications. Provides data expertise for simple to very complex projects and ad hoc requests. Performs scripting and data mining activities to detect outliers and develop data leads. Presents data highlights with insights to both internal and external stakeholders. Designs and executes new algorithms to identify areas where possible fraud, waste and abuse occurrences may be found. Assists in special projects.
- Responds to requests from external State and Federal agencies and other areas within the agency for data, and develops, analyzes and presents information for decision making.
- Provides training and end user support for Program Integrity's case management system (OnBase). Using OnBase tools and MS Access, runs and/or develops reports, queries and filters related to Program Integrity activities and performance.
- Participates in Program Integrity related training opportunities and/or trainings to enhance data analysis skill set. Minimum and Additional Requirements
A bachelor’s degree and two (2) years professional experience in planning, research, statistics, or data analysis. A master's degree in statistics or related discipline can be substituted for the work experience.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Lifting requirements: 20 lbs. Preferred Qualifications
Ability to write and edit advanced SQL queries.
- Experience with at least one general or statistical programming language (SAS preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Must be able to translate thoughts and ideas from non-data stakeholders into data-centric solutions.
- Ability to recognize data patterns, quantify potential issues and identify solutions.
- Ability to prepare and effectively present data findings to coworkers and management.
- Knowledge of healthcare terminology and standard coding systems such as ICD-9/10, CPT and HCPCS. Additional Comments
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purposes. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Salary: $40,759.00 - $75,413.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 60018812, 61096629, 60013198
Closing: 3/5/2021 5:00 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: All applicants must apply.
Class Code: BB40
Position Number: 60018812, 60013198
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 6
Opening Date: 07/02/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Address: 1801 Main Street, Suite 224 Columbia, South Carolina, 29201