SC Department of Public Safety IT Consultant I in Richland County, South Carolina
Serves as end user support for agency specific software applications and as liaison to the agency’s third-party network provider and other vendors in the design, implementation and modification of computer or network systems.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A high school diploma and experience in computer system installation, operation, troubleshooting, and/or modification. A degree in a related field may be substituted for years of required work experience.
Moderate knowledge of and skilled in a wide variety of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment used by the agency. Ability to work effectively with users, vendors, and other IT Personnel. Ability to analyze moderately complex technical data. Ability to assist with identifying and resolving problems. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with vendors, end-users, peers, and management.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains simple to moderately complex end-user hardware or other devices used by the agency
- Supervises the installation, upgrading and daily maintenance of agency-specific software applications
- Works in conjunction with the Division of Technology Operations (DTO) or other vendors on server/cloud management and provides preventive action recommendations for network issues
- Analyzes agency business needs and works in conjunction with DTO and software vendors to assess the technical feasibility and solutions for the future
- Manages all system updates in conjunction with DTO and software application vendors
- Responsible for hardware and device inventory for the agency; assures adequate supply of replacements and manages rotation of old to new devices; provides reports to management, DTO, and other entities requesting information
- Working with the Director of Administration for the agency, this position is responsible for the annual IT Data Collection Report for the SC Department of Administration
- Responsible for the management of the agency VOIP and messaging system to include set-up, technical issues, and working directly with vendor
- Assist in creating and executing procedures that ensure that all systems, products, and services meet agency standards, end-user requirements, and can lead to gains in efficiency and cost savings for the agency. May serve as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures
- May train and/or develop materials for end-user training supported software applications; may be responsible for the development of technical training modules for agency divisions
- Responsible for the management, distribution, and troubleshooting for agency devices such as laptops, mobile hotspots, VPN printers, etc.
- Serves as the agency liaison and subject matter expert regarding IT and Cyber Security
Salary: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 000039763
Closing: 11/30/2020 5:00 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Resume is required.
Class Code: AM65
Position Number: 000039763
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 6
Opening Date: 02/01/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina State Auditor's Office
Address: 1401 Main Street, Suite 1200 Columbia, South Carolina, 29201