Continental Manufacturing IT Trainee in Sumter, South Carolina
Manufacturing IT Trainee
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we've been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter, SC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented IT Trainee to join our IT group. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Local Processes in the Plant:
▪ Introduction to technologies and machines in PLT/CVT Plant - department rotation, a profound introduction into plant operations, production processes and IT systems
▪ 4 month shopfloor experience including 2 weeks shift work
▪ Manufacturing/Engineering/IT projects within the plant (min. 2) including PROMT training
• Working together with local Business Partners throughout the program
• Introduction to IT Concepts, Manufacturing Systems, and Systems Interfaces - develop understanding of the data flow, capabilities and limitations of standard IT systems.
• Training with data analysis and software development tools and practices (SQL, Visual Studio, Tableau, Qlik, etc)
• IT Project coordination to ensure requirements of Shop Floor and IT
• Training in technical problem solving
▪ Project based training and assignments in a group of Manufacturing and Engineering, R&D and Manufacturing Controlling Trainees
▪ 1 individual assignment in Manufacturing/Engineering or IT
▪ 1 group assignment of in Manufacturing/Engineering or IT
▪ 1 Global Business Assignment (group assignment in cooperation with M&E, R&D and Controlling Trainee Pools)
▪ Technical Training of Tire Technology, Tire Development and Tire Production
▪ Soft skill trainings: Intercultural Training, CBS Training, Teambuilding
▪ The trainee pool is self organized as a PROMT project
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Paid Time Off
Tuition & Employee Discounts
Employer 401(k) Match
And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader
-Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science or comparable qualification (e.g. IT specialists, graduates from technical high/secondary/vocational schools with 2-3 years working experience in the following fields Production Processes, Databases & Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Programming)
-If IT specialists or graduates from technical high/secondary/vocational schools min. of 2-3years work experience is required
-After Bachelor degree Internships in Manufacturing/Engineering/IT desirable
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.