Continental Quality and Yield – Data Analyst in Sumter, South Carolina
Quality and Yield – Data Analyst
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Quality and Yield Data Analyst to join our Quality department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Analyze plant data via worldwide tool PowerBi, however the dataset will not be limited to this
• Create reports to support structured problem solving
• Analyze date to ensure stable process management and be a key user for the plant validation system
• Support TU team to analyze the results regarding tire rework and TU virgin yield and support ETO/ISD data analysis
• Key user of Platform/PowerBi data maintenance
• Cooperate with IT to do the improvement
• Popularizing Platform/PowerBi in Sumter Plant with his/her coaching MVTS (Continental Validation System)
• Continuous analysis on rework, work together with TU team to do trouble shooting
• Involve in structured problem-solving activity related to customer complaint due to tire appearance & TU defects
• Coordinate and drive team members to the correct direction to reduce rework by executing and following up action plan from all related persons in respective area
• Manage process improvements and quality and defective product improvements
• Attend daily BT meeting(s) and drive and coordinate team members in the main project
• Provide the data analysis results and main problems daily presentation and BT feedback to yield manager and process/product manager
• Perform as one part in management of the tire yield to improve the yield of (Visual + TU) according to plant requirement and investigation to support quality teams to find root cause of the problem
• Work together with BT team to find solution related to rework issue (production, curing BT, tire building BT, extruder BT, cold prep BT, mixing BT)
• Provide ideas about process improvement to BT concerning the main defects trend for all OE articles, especially critical art
• Ensure implementation of measures and maintain controls
• Raise awareness and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties
• Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
• Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• 3 or more years of experience in Data Analytics, IT or manufacturing systems
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• 5 years of experience in Data Analytics, IT or manufacturing systems
• Engineering or statistical analysis background
• Tire manufacturing process knowledge
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.